Do I Call An Auto Accident Attorney if I’m injured in a car accident?
The process for filing auto accident claims can be extremely daunting and complicated. An auto accident attorney will be your best path to success when making Houston accident claims. Accident claims can include medical expenses, insurance claims and wrongful death. Any auto accident claims process itself is riddled with red tape and pointed fingers. An accident lawyer can make sure that you are doing the right thing when filing a claim.
There are many things that you should not do as a claims filer in order to receive any and all forms of restitution that you are owed. Below are a few examples of things that you should not do when filing an accident claim:
- Never admit to any liability in the case. Stick to the facts without expressing your opinion
- Never sign any documents that are deemed a release or waiver of any kind
- Never accept anything that your insurance provider tells you as the final word.
- Insurance companies more times than not often give you a reduced estimate of losses sustained by you
- Never accept any check as a final payment unless you are comfortable with the compensation
- Never allow time limits for filing claims to expire
- Never provide anything in writing to an insurance claims officer
Beware of insurance companies as they are into “settling”. We are interested in getting you what you rightfully deserve.