Do I Call An Auto Accident Attorney if I’m injured in a car accident?
The process for filing auto accident claims can be both scary and complicated for many people. This is especially true if this is your first time filing a claim. An auto accident attorney will be your best path to success when making Houston accident claims after being involved in a car crash. Accident claims can include medical expenses, insurance claims, and wrongful death. Any auto accident claims process itself is riddled with red tape and pointed fingers. By hiring an accident lawyer, you can make sure that you are doing the right thing when filing a claim.
To receive any and all forms of restitution that you are owed, there are certain things that you should not be doing. Below, we have listed a few examples of things that you should not do when filing an accident claim:
- Never admit to any liability in the case. Stick to the facts without expressing your opinion
- Do not sign any documents that are deemed a release or waiver of any kind
- Never accept anything that your insurance provider tells you as the final word.
- Insurance companies more times than not often give you a reduced estimate of losses sustained by you
- Never accept any check as a final payment unless you are comfortable with the compensation
- Whatever you do, don’t allow time limits for filing claims to expire
- Never provide anything in writing to an insurance claims officer
Beware of insurance companies since their main goal is to get you to “settle” for a lower amount. Getting you what you rightfully deserve is in our team’s best interest. Contact the DeSimone Law Firm today for a FREE case analysis to find out if your case has a chance of winning a larger settlement in court. We are your auto accident attorney for life.