Failure To Yield
What is a Failure to Yield Traffic Violation?
Failure to yield traffic violations often result in serious injuries or even death. If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in this type of crash, you have the right to hire a Houston traffic accident lawyer to fight for the monetary compensation that you are entitled to receive.
Common Failure to Yield Violations
An auto accident is classified as “failure to yield” when the at-fault driver who does not have the right of way fails to offer safe passage to the driver who does. Although there are other causes, many of these types of collisions occur for the following reasons:
- The at-fault driver fails to ensure that the intersection is clear before making a left turn
- The at-fault driver fails to come to a full stop and wait until all vehicles with the right of way have traveled through the intersection
- The at-fault driver makes a right turn before a bicycle rider who has the right of way is safely out of the intersection
- The at-fault driver fails to wait for a pedestrian who has the right of way to safely exit the intersection
- The at-fault driver fails to yield to oncoming traffic when a flashing yellow light or red light is present
- The at-fault driver fails to wait for the road to clear before pulling into the street
- The at-fault driver does not yield to those with the right of way when merging onto the freeway
If any of the above conditions transpired during your car accident, a Houston auto accident lawyer’s job will be to demonstrate that the at-fault driver failed to yield to you.
The Difficulties of Failure to Yield Cases
Failure to yield collisions are not as straight forward as other types of crashes. The person who failed to yield to you created conditions that made it impossible for you to avoid hitting the other vehicle. Even so, insurance adjusters with the at-fault driver’s insurance company may try to convince you to accept auto accident settlements that are less than favorable to you. They will try to say that you caused the collision because you struck their client. That is why it is so important for you to have your own traffic accident lawyer.
The Consequences of Auto Injuries
An auto personal injury can have devastating consequences, so do not allow the at-fault driver’s insurance company to take advantage of you. Your injuries may have caused you to miss work or hindered your ability to generate income. You may have expensive medical bills to pay, and you might be recovering for an extended period of time. For these reasons, you need a car injury attorney to help you obtain a fair settlement that can help put you back on your feet again.
The DeSimone Law Office is prepared to protect your rights. If you feel that you have been the victim of a failure to yield violation, call the attorneys at the DeSimone Law Office.
Houston auto accidents lawyers, car injury attorney, traffic accident lawyer, auto accident, auto accident settlements, auto personal injury, car accident.